The Hon Colin de Grussa asked the following question in Parliament which was answered by the Hon Stephen Dawson representing the Minister for Fire and Emergency Services, Hon Fran Logan MLA.
NOTE: The AVBFB has written to the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) to ask for the application period to be extended given the extremely busy time for most volunteers. Read that letter here.
EMERGENCY SERVICES VOLUNTEER FUEL CARD
Hon COLIN de GRUSSA to the minister representing Minister for Emergency Services:
We are now almost halfway through the 2017–18 financial year, well into the fire season, and applications for the emergency service volunteer fuel card scheme are still not open.
(1) When will eligible brigades, groups and units have the opportunity to re-apply for the reduced value cards?
(2) What is the expected processing time for applications?
(3) When will officers in charge of brigades, groups and units have these funds to disburse to volunteer members?
Hon STEPHEN DAWSON replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises the following.
(1) Applications are anticipated to open during December via the online application form on the DFES website.
(2) The application period will be open for one month to allow sufficient time for the officers in charge to apply. Processing of the applications will take approximately three weeks from the close of the application period.
(3) It will be in February 2018.